SUP Yoga Teacher Training in Finland
Do you love the ocean and being outdoors? Is yoga a passion for you - perhaps you are a yoga teacher? How amazing would it be to combine yoga and water, while strengthening your body and connecting to your breath and others?
Join us for SUP - Stand Up Paddle - Yoga Teacher Training in Finland that will empower you with a fun way to be in nature, a new approach to your practice and the knowlwdge and skills for an inspiring summertime career.
Even if you do not aim to teach classes, you can join the training to get a very insightful and complete understanding and skills for SUP and SUP Yoga in addition of three fun-filled days together in the water.
You will learn
- SUP water skills and knowledge (20 hours on-water-training)
- important safety and emergency protocol trained by a professional Life Guard
- to teach SUP yoga classes (SUP Yoga Beginner, SUP Yoga Basic, SUP Flow, SUP Yin and SUP Meditation classes and how to create a class of your own)
- to build relationships with SUP board providers, create workshops and events in your community
- yoga anatomy and balance anatomy on SUP board
Certified yoga teachers will receive 30 hours of Yoga Alliance® CEUs.
- SUP basics on shore and water (including instruction for the SUP beginner, paddling technique & positions, land handling, entry/exits, board/paddle selection and maneuvering)
- Logistical concerns, weather, varying levels of paddlers, etc.
- SUP water safety protocol and self & student rescue techniques
- Basics of emergency and First Aid protocol
- SUP YOGA sequences from beginner to advanced (5 different class types)
- Tie system set up
- Leading a group, public speaking and crowd control in open space
- How to get started and how to market your SUP Yoga classes and events
- The benefits of nature and how to help students connect with it
- Comprehensive manual and video materials
SUP Yoga Teacher Training, SUP Yoga Teacher Training, 30 hours of Yoga Alliance® CEUs
Location: Sieravuori, Eura, Finland - www.sieravuori.fi
Time: 17-19 July 2013, starting 8am
Tuition: 749 euros, including 10% VAT (company invoices + 10% VAT)
Bookings: info(@)nitawellness.com - Place is limited!
* In case you cannot make these dates – we also have a training in Tallinn 22.-24.7. Ask for details.
Accommodation in Siearavuori:
Accommodation is not included in the tuition. Shared accommodation starting at 30€/ day
Full board +45€/day (including breakfast, lunch and dinner)
All rights to changes reserved.
Teaching language is in English and Finnish. Translation is available for a small extra fee.
Teachers completing the training will have an opportunity to teach a class/ classes with Twenty Knots Company based in Helsinki, Lauttasaari.
Let us know if you need any assistance in getting to Siearavuori
Requirements for the training
You should be a proficient swimmer and comfortable doing water sports. It is highly recommended that you are a 200 Hour RYT or are planning to be one, or have at least two years of yoga experience. We also recommend a First Aid Certification and Life Guard training either before or after the training.
* We also want to highlight, that this weekend training will not make you a Yoga Teacher, and you cannot call yourself as such after this one weekend training. To give public SUP Yoga classes you should have both the 200hr yoga teacher certification and the SUP Yoga Teacher Training certification.
What to Bring?
We will have boards for your use, so no need to bring your board unless you want to. Please bring a few set of clothes/swimsuit that can get wet, a set of clothes for yoga on the land, a rain jacket, something warm, a hat/headgear, sunscreen, sunglasses with a strap, a beach towel, your yoga mat and a notebook.
* Want to try it out?
Let's SUP Yoga! -event
Take Your Yoga Outside and let's celebrate the Summer Equinox together!
If you want to come and meet us in person and try out SUP yoga, there is a possibility for it on June 18th in Helsinki, Munkkiniemi. The event will be a cool celebration of the summer equinox and combine SUP Paddling, SUP Yoga and some thai and acro style yoga fun in the park.
Time: 18th June, 5-9pm/ Price: 85 euros (the cost of the event can be credited toward your SUP Yoga Teacher Training)
Space is limited, to reserve your spot email info(@)nitawellness.com
Find all event details here on Facebook!
What exactly is ‘SUP Yoga’?
Stand-up paddle boarding first developed in the beaches of Hawaii during early 60s when surfing instructors used the technique to position themselves for taking photographs. More recently, professional surfers used the technique for training and it became a popular surfing-related pastime that began to make its way on the mainland about 10 years ago.
SUP Yoga is essentially yoga on a board in the water. Since the SUP board is large enough to act as a mat, was only a matter of time before yogis started to discover the ways it challenged their practice and offered a great way to have fun with yoga practice outdoors.
The most important things that attract a lot of yogis onto the board, are the health and psychological benefits of SUP yoga. The board is your yoga mat and the whole universe is your studio - with sun, wind and water as your companions. SUP yoga gives you the enjoyment of practicing yoga while continually adjusting and readjusting your position to the motion of the board and water. SUP Yoga challenges your focus, connects you with the amazing nature in addition to increasing your core, legs and whole-body strength, flexibility and balance. It provides a fun but challenging learning-environment for your practice, whether you are an advanced yogi, or a beginner. A lot of yoga studios and other fitness/ sport centers have started offering SUP yoga and the interest is growing fast, filling up classes, events and retreats.
“There is only one thing I can say about the SUP yoga training and that is that I have never had more fun doing yoga ever! Any yoga pose can be modified and the challenge of balancing on the board with the risk of a refreshing fall into water is rewarding and so much fun! I can't wait to start teaching.- Christina
“I never realized how fun, yet challenging doing yoga on a board could be. I thought I would be so afraid, but I could stand right away, and I could tell how doing yoga on the board helped my core. Can't wait to teach classes.- Courtney
“Thank you so much, I am so grateful to have been a part of this experience, I learned a lot and more importantly I experienced and gained tools to continue to experience myself of others more deeply.- Blake
* Warning, we cannot take any responsibility on how intensively you'ill fall in love with this addictive sport!